CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.31.2008

Ok so funny story. The other day, I over at our kitchen garbage can doing something (putting in trash or something) and some how I broke the lid. So joking my husband has been teasing me about being the "hulk" ... I mean, really is that a bad thing? :) I mean have you seen Trish's pictures on PnP! If I can look like that, ok then .... I am not going to cry any tears in my beer about it.

Yesterday, I did something that really tested my ability and made me feel proud about myself. About a month ago, I wouldn't be able to do a "guy pushup" if it were to save my life. But yesterday I did. I came home proud from the gym, go to my DH and say ... LOOK! I show him that I can do it. Then I get the camera & have him take both a video and a picture of me doing it. While he is messing with trying to get our flash working, I was in the push up position for at least like 7 seconds holding. I was so proud ....... I am getting stronger and stronger each day. I feel it and I love it. I just can't wait to see the rewards of my pretty muscles coming out and showing themselves off ;)

I want to say one thing! You have to really BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! Everyone can tell you that you can do it, you may need a butt chewing here and there but this has to come from you soul and just do it. I really do believe that. I start to see changes in me overall; mentally and physically. Everyday I go to the gym, I tell myself that I can do it. I can be the person who I want to be, not the person that I am! I think sometimes people rely on others so much that they MIGHT forget that ultimately it comes down to one person. Thats YOU! You can gain a ton of encouragement, support to help you through your journey (and I do have a lot of and I love you all) but the ONE person that can get you to the gym is you, the one person who can resist a cookie or a chip in the mouth is YOU. You have to make these decisions. JUST DO IT! (I should work for Nike!) I am around other people and I hear the excuses (and I have used them too) that they did this or that because it was there or they were at a friends house., they were stressed out. Ok we all say this but really .... YOU ARE THE ONE PICKING UP THE COOKIE or making the decision not to get to the gym. I had to finally get that through this thick head of mine and now I am starting to see it and believe it. I have been REALLY proud of myself that I have been able to talk myself out of eating the horrors of chips, cookies, candy ...... and look at my overall goal in life. :) Now its up to you, what will you do?

1 comments:

E said...

Guy pushups - you are awesome! Keep up the great job. I too will just say no to that cookie, or ice cream, or brownie. :)