CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.08.2008

Willpower ??

Sometimes we have days that we have awesome willpower, some days we honestly slack in willpower. This is a brag for me but today has been a real stressful day at work and also for my co-worker, Erma (as in previous blogs names have been changed to protect my rights) . We weren't able to leave for lunch but we were able to get out for 1/2 hour to go and grab a coffee. Great! So we go by Starbucks, grab a coffee but next door is the archway to evil. COLDSTONE CREAMERY!!! Ice cream! Oh how I love ice cream! Erma decides that a coffee is not good enough (side not .. not SF, NF either) but we must have ice cream. I dug my heels in deep and said "I am not going to go to Coldstone. I am already getting a coffee (NF, SF, Tall Iced Latte) and I am not going to sabotage my workouts for the week or my hard work on eating healthy on 5 minutes of pleasure.

Anyhow this is a huge NSV for me. Why? I am the girl usually with NO WILLPOWER and will do everything fly by the night thinking that its just ONE COOKIE, ONE ICE CREAM, ONE whatever!!! Not anymore. I am going to change!!! I do have willpower inside of myself and I will do this for me! :)

2 comments:

Dawn Mabry said...

Becca!!!
AWESOME on resisting the ice cream. It is such a weakness of mine also. You are right you do have will power WHEN you want to use it. SUPER SUPER JOB on resisting that tempations. You deserve a big ol' WOOT WOOT for that one. - Dawn

Becca said...

Thanks Dawn. If we can give up cheesecake AND ice cream. We can do anything :) Right? :)