CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11.25.2007

Something to train for ???

Okay so I have been down in the dumps about my weight, trying to fight my way back up to the top. I have been asking myself what can I do to help myself get into shape. Having goals? Having something I want to train for? What is it??So here is what I have come up with:
Bloomsday!!!! Its coming up on Sunday, May 4, 2008. Located at Spokane, WA. Only 7.46 miles. This race has memories for me as me and my sister use to go and do it. It was our "girl weekend" before! It was always so much fun. I am trying HARD to get her to go again this coming year. How fun would that be?
Its a little over a 10k race, I have never really thought about that before until today! But I am so excited and pumped about it. I am going to try to get my sister committed to the race, if not I am going to have my hubby train with me and get ready for it. :)

Portland Marathon!!! Okay! This one is a little crazier to join but yeah its in my local area and it gives me something REALLY to work toward! Details on this race: October 5, 2008 located in Portland, Oregon and is 26 miles. They have a part of the marathon to be 5 mile race. I honestly don't know which one I will want to do but I am going to start training right away and will join ONE of the parts of the race. :) I need to talk to one of my friends but I know that they wanted to do this one as well but I don't know if they wanted to do the 5 mile or the 26 mile. YIKES ... either way its going to be hard work but it will pay off!
I will be trying to find a way to "track" my success and my progress. Stay tuned! :) Anyone who wants to join me, let me know. I would love to have a buddy (hint, hint ...vince)!

2 comments:

vincent said...

i would definately consider doing the portland one. a 5 mile i think i could do without too much trouble. :)

Becca said...

before you know it babe, you will be doing the 26 mile version with me :) :) com'on and just do it!! ;)