CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11.29.2007

Frustrated!

I am a little frustrated right now. Remember the co-worker I was telling you about that said that she was going to work out at lunch with me said something that perked my interest yesterday and I have been doing a lot of thinking and changing of my habits this week and I thought I might just be able to give us all something to think about.

My email: "Hey Em, Are you still going to the gym with me today? I hope that you are able to make it. I have missed working out with you while I was gone for Thanksgiving. Let me know darling."

Her response back: "
i don't know yet... i told Kim I would take her to lunch yesterday so I'm probably going to do that instead. I want to work out but I have a TON of stuff to do before Christmas and I don't have a lot of time in the evenings to work on it with the kids so I'm going to be using a lot of my lunches to get stuff done! Working out though is necessary too...

My response:
I know its hard but I am going to make sure that my workouts come first and foremost. I have to do it for ME. :)


Then a few minutes later:
of course! You know I will work out with you. Just give me a little break through the holidays... Also, you're my bestest bud here so you're welcome to join me any time on the lunch hour... you know that! :O "

So why this had me thinking is that some of us tend to push off our workouts when they aren't convenient for us. I asked another gal that emails me that has been a HUGE inspiration to work out because she HATES exercise but she does it anyhow and she lost a ton of weight and looks awesome. I asked her "how do you motivate yourself to go to the gym when you hate exercise so much?"


Her reply to me was:
"As you prob. know I work out in the a.m. I discovered if I don't do it then, then it just ain't gettin' done. that's just how it is....I learned that..so I drag my butt outta bed every day (5 or 6 days a week), and get it done before our 2 girls get up, before I go to work, etc.I just knew it was something I had to do...it wasn't optional....the same goes for now....it is not an option.....I may hate every single second of it, but I can deal w/ 45 - 60 minutes of hate in a day vs. hating the bigger sized clothes all day long that I would have to wear if I didn't get up & exercise...and of course eat right too.You know, I still have to give myself pep talks in the a.m. to get out of bed?Also one thing that has prob. helped me is that on the occasional occasion that I might sleep a little later than I should....I will still exercise for as long as I can. So I might can only do 15 minutes? that is OK occasionally. It is not all or nothing...You can do it girl!!!"


So where am I going with this long drawn out story and copying you all on these emails? I found for me that I have to do find time to exercise, maybe it will take away a little bit of time from my family but I do it. Why? Cause I have figured that if I spend 1hr a day of ME time that is 365 hours a year but I bet I will gain 10 years on my life by being in better shape, healthier, better role model, everything for my family and me. I know that right now people get wrapped up in the holidays and you only have so many days to get your presents for everyone and you want to make the best use of your time but try to find some time. Like Lori said "even if its 15 minutes" ...... Right now, we can take control of our life whether that be our eating, our exercise or whatever it is and make our life's better now or we can whine about it and not get anywhere. Where do you want to be? Me I want to take control and be the best I can be. One more thought for you all :) Think back to where you were 1 year ago. Have you made progress? Are you at the same weight? Are you doing the yo-yo effect in your life? If you are, then maybe it’s a good time to sit down, figure out why. Are you not buying out the time to get in your workouts? Are you cheating here and there and think it wont be bad cause it’s only a few extra calories and I will get arid of it later? Are you not preparing yourself for the temptations that are your weakness? I think all of this is good for each of us to think about. I am thinking about it myself and that is why I am sharing. I hope that everyone has a great day!

0 comments: