CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11.22.2007

Making my goals into life habits ..

Most of us have goals especially when it comes to eating better and/ or exercising.
I was reading that to make a habit, you need to do something for 22 days straight. So we have a goal of losing weight and helping us with this would be diet or exercise. If we can commit to doing it for 22 days we should be in a "good habit". So why miss a day! We can't afford to be great for a couple of days then slack off for a few then be good. This yo-yo we do to our body isn't healthy nor is it the best way to make success for our weight loss for LIFE. Why not make it your goal to use 22 days straight to start a good healthy habit before the first of the year? Will you join me?
We all have things in our life that we look forward too or we are wanting to be thinner for. For me there are a few things I have in my head for year 2008 but goes way further than just 2008. In March is my anniversary, 7 years here so I would like to be able to do something sexy for my sweetie. June/or July we will have our convention and I would like to be a few pounds lighter for that, and then my big push is August 23rd should be camping at Billy Chinook. I am VERY nervous about getting in anything that would be comfortable on the lake of the weight I am currently at. I am going to PUSH myself to be thinner for this!
How am I going to make a habit. A few things:

  1. Exercise: Going to go to the gym 5 times a week, 2 days I will do light exercise at home such as pilates, walking the dogs but something. :)
  2. Eating: Breaking the cycle of sugar! YIKES! Yes, I'm going to try to give up sugar for 22 days. To help me curb my control, I will be investing in sugar items as well as FRUIT! For the portion control part, I have decided for 22 days that my lunches & dinners will consist of lean cuisines along with a salad or extra veggie.
Here is another article that I read that could be useful to you or you may find some REAL information you can take to heart and use in your life.

http://women.webmd.com/features/exercise-habits
Thats my thought for the day!

0 comments: