CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

11.23.2007

Black Friday Experience

First of all, we started our morning off with having a nice breakfast together at IHOP. We never really go out for breakfast, just every now and again so it was nice to be able to go in town, have breakfast together then we went on with our shopping.

We went into Lowe's to get new kitchen appliances new stove and new dishwasher. WOW we got an EXCELLENT deal. I was so excited! We walked in with a 10% discount PLUS we got a rebate on our dishwasher for $125 and our stove for $150. I was so EXCITED cause they are whirlpool appliances, nice and we got an awesome deal! I am glad that both me and my husband are simple people and we don't need the TOP of the line gadgets! I mean we got good appliance but they are nice and they are simpler but we got a GREAT deal! Now I am anxious over them getting delivered. We have to wait for a few days ... we wont have them until December 5th!

So here is a quick story about our Lowe's trip ... we got everything, we went to go checkout, we put it on the ol' card, then I realize as we were JUST wrapping things up, that I forgot to give my lowes coupon. My 10% off coupon! We walk outside and I was thinking .... that would be like $130 savings. So we go back inside to customer service to see if there was a way that they can apply it. They ended up having to re-ring it up but we saved $130 or something like that! I thought we made the good decision to sit there for an extra 10-15 minutes while they did everything to save $130!

Total savings is around $435 because we also get a rebate on the delivery charge. :) Sweet, I felt like I was raking in the deals there. And made a good decision! YIPPEE!

At Lowe's we also got Vince some man tools as I called them. It was a GREAT deal as well. We got to apply the 10% to them as well. NOW and go build something! :)

After Lowe's, we went to look at laptops for my hubby but we weren't able to find one that he was really excited about so we didn't get anything in the computer world. I can't believe how rude people are. Its so ridiculous, people SHOVE and are just completely rude. I mean I understand that everyone wants to get the good deal on "black friday" but do you REALLY need to be 110% rude, jerky and everything ABOVE. Even when I am in a hurry or whatever, I say "excuse me"! I just find it ironic that people say that "Holidays are a time for family, giving, peace ...." but then they are the most RUDE during this time. I hate the malls and shopping during the holidays. I think I will stock up on what I need until after the holidays so I don't have to deal with people.

The weather has taken a turn for the worse, its been COLD. Frost and everything. Its been in the 20's! BRRRR!!!!! It looks like winter has come and it is COLD and I am not looking forward to it. Is summer here yet?

We ended our day by going to our favorite place "Sushi Maki" for dinner! It was tasty, good and had a great time together!

Good Night World!

0 comments: