CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.31.2008

Camping at Billy Chinook

WOW! All I have to say --- Why have I never been here before? It was gorgeous weather, beautiful lake! The pictures can't even do justice to the great beauty there. I just absolutely love it there and plan on making this a yearly tradition.

Saturday -- we left to get down there. The drive down was beautiful and gorgeous. Always have a great time being in the car with Vincent. ;) We sing, we laugh .... good times always with the two of us together.

Sunday- We rented a patio boat. This started out a lot of fun. I tubed behind it, we saw a beautiful waterfall where swimming was there -- lots of fun. Toward the end of the day, we had a scare when the boat was filling up with water, getting lower in the water than it should. For awhile there, I was a little nervous but I knew Captain Jim had it taken care of and we would be oka. Finally got back to the marina and on save ground! Phew!

Monday- We lounged this day. Not a lot of us where really up too much after the scare, I think a lot of us were just overtired. Vincent and I played cards, we drove around to be able to take some pictures and had a relaxing camping day.

Tuesday- Back at the water for some more fun. I went tubing a couple of times behind Clyde's boat. This was a lot of fun --- a lot of giggling and a lot of fun. ;) This experience of course made it where Vincent and I were like "we want a boat" but we did just have a lot of fun together.

Wednesday- Tuesday nights wind gusts were so loud that not a lot of us slept very good, we had originally thought we would rent another patio boat but we decided not too. This was another day of resting, lounging around the campsite. Thomas and a few people decided to go diving and found a few treasures but other than that not too much excitment happened.

Thursday- We both were sick this day; Vincent and I got some nasty colds so we laid around the campground, read, played cards together. Sat in the sun. This was nice day for us to relax and recoup.

Friday- Steve joined us back down at the campground, we rented another patio boat and played in the water all day. We went to one end of the river/ lake and the fish there were jumping out of the water like popcorn. It was amazing. I have never seen the fish do this before. It was pretty cool; again another relaxing day of trolling on the water, enjoying each others company together.



Saturday- Packing up to leave! Boo! I looked forward to seeing our pups cause I missed them so much but I was sad to see us say good bye to the camping experience and parting with friends. It was a lot of fun together so I guess I just didn't want it to end yet .......

Every night when we were there, we made fresh ice cream. Who would have thought when you are camping you could make fresh ice cream. It is this "ice cream ball" and you shake it around for 30 mins. Its was pretty cool experience. Though it does not yield much per serving, we were able to each have a couple of bites of homemade ice cream. :) Only one night the smores' got taken out and this was just because we had Mr. Thomas there and I had to be sure that he got his smores in as requested. :)

I got to just about 700 pictures so I need to resize them but until then you can enjoy a few of these. :) Love to all of ya!

0 comments: