CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

8.16.2008

There is an addict in the house ....

I am an addict but its a good addiction. I just love the thought of crossing that finish line, it makes me feel like I am doing so much more for myself than just hitting the tready or hitting the pavement. Something about getting that bib number, the t-shirt made me feel like I was a "winner" even if I wasn't the ACTUAL winner. I was a winner because I set my eyes on something and I went and did it!
Here is what I have planned. I am looking for a good 5k, 10k before the winter hits --- I might be able to find one, I might not but I am on the SEARCH.

Goals for 2009:

  • Three 5k's (At least -- this will probably be in between each 1/2)
  • Phoenix 1/2 Marathon 1.18.09
  • Vernonia 1/2 Marathon (usually in April)
  • Seattle 1/2 Marathon 6.27.09
  • Whitefish 1/2 Marathon 9.20.09 (not an official date but approximated)
  • Vernonia 5k/10k (Usually in August) ! I would like to continue to support this race every year! I think this is just going to be my "thing" that I do.
I sure hope that I don't get on burnout mode but honestly, I dont see that happening. I REALLY enjoyed it and each time I do this, it gives me something to hold onto, something more to try for. If I have to cancel one of the 1/2 Marathons next year, it will be the Whitefish one but I hope to be able to do it. I think it would be crazy adventurous as its kind of trail running for the 1/2 of it. Kind of cool all together!

So do you think I can do it? If you are interested in being my running buddy, my cheerleader --- just let me know! I need all the support that I can get!

I plan on turning 28 next year in the BEST shape of my life! So who's with me? If you aren't with me, then are you against me? Sure hope not!

0 comments: